Protecting students and staff from COVID-19 during our First Aid Courses
Australia Wide First Aid is doing our part to contain the spread of the Coronavirus and, in turn, providing the safest possible learning environment for students and staff. Accordingly we issue the following notice:
- Anyone returning from overseas closer than 14 days to a course they wish to attend is not permitted to attend.
- Anyone who has returned from overseas, or been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, must self-isolate and not attend any Australia Wide First Aid Training course for at least 14 days after returning from overseas or following last contact with infected individual/s.
- Anyone who has attended an Australia Wide First Aid Training Course and received a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 since attending an Australia Wide First Aid Course, must advise Australia Wide First Aid immediately on 07 3437 7500.
Australia Wide First Aid Training Courses can be rescheduled at no cost for those with COVD-19 concerns. Please phone 07 3437 7500 if you need to reschedule your course.
Measures we are taking to protect from COVID-19
We are all concerned about the coronavirus (COVID-19). Australia Wide First Aid continues to monitor the evolving situation and is acting on the advice from our government agencies.
Precautionary measures for our Training Course delivery:
- Supply of hand sanitiser, supply chain permitting, for students and staff to use.
- Requirement for students and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water on each break and before returning from breaks to the classroom.
- Students and staff, needing to cough or sneeze, are required to do so into a tissue, handkerchief, or bent arm, avoiding touching of their face, and will need to cleanse their hands with soap and water.
CPR mannikin hygiene:
- Students are issued with wipes to clean the face and chest of manikin following use.
- Students are required to wash their hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser before and after CPR, and whenever they have had contact with another student during practical sessions.
- Mannikin faces are cleaned at the end of each day.
- All surfaces of training aides are cleaned at the end of each day.
- Bandages are disposed of at completion of the course.
Please call the Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 for instructions on what to do if you think you or someone you know may be infected.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this time.